Planning to write a short story for Christmas but running short on ideas? I’ve got ya covered. 😉
- A family is snowed in for Christmas, and one of the children turns up missing on Christmas morning.
- Santa is sick, so Mrs. Claus decides to take his place and deliver the presents. One little problem: she has no sense of direction.
- An elf escapes the North Pole to discover what humans are like in the South.
- You receive a mysterious package on Christmas morning from yourself. Inside you find your journal from twenty years in the future with a dire warning.
- A woman wakes up in a hospital and doesn’t remember who she is. Her kind, handsome doctor helps her find her identity and her family before Christmas.
- Someone “spiked” the eggnog at the party with a deadly poison, and you must race against the clock to find the culprit and identify the poison before it kills.
- The Ghost of Christmas Present is a glutinous loser who won’t leave you alone.
- You receive a Christmas card in the mail with a cryptic message that, when read aloud, unleashes unforeseen havoc on your household.
- A magical stocking produces the object of your greatest desire. When a friend reaches into the sock and pulls out a gun, thing start to Get Real.
- A man and woman meet in December and start dating. Family drama around Christmastime ensues when the woman’s parents reveal that their families have been rivals for generations.
I hope something here sparks your imagination! Even if one of these has been done before, there is always a way to make it more original. Happy writing! 🙂